Monday, August 23, 2010
what happened to a scanner daily?
There were several reasons why I stopped a scanner daily. There was a rationale behind its end, it wasn't just that I couldn't be bothered to open the lid of my scanner every day. Here it is:
1) In the same week I was asked to co-curate an exhibion, write a piece for another exhibition and put in an application for research funding with my ex PhD-supervisor. I suddenly had some purpose to my present and future everday life. And something to put my energies into which a range of other people may notice (rather than just my 3 loyal blog readers).
2) I wanted to begin seriously re-drafting my novel.
3) I showed my blog at Madlab's Interesting Mondays because they were short of speakers and I wanted feedback. It was interpreted as a 365 project - of which there are thousands online. It made a scanner daily seem mundane.
4) I felt like I was spending too much time blogging to myself, rather than communicating my ideas more productively and healthily.
5) I was sick of opening the lid of the scanner every day and waiting for the information to travel from it to my senile laptop.
I changed the look of my blog but I think it is for the worse so I made it private for a while. Now I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas re the design and title of the blog?
- ► 2011 (29)
- ▼ 2010 (56)