Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Scanner Daily: 11



Three elastic bands, scanned

Yesterday I attended Madlab's Interesting Monday where people give talks about whatever takes their fancy and other people listen. I gave an extremely cringeworthy last minute, hangover heady talk (I'm still hungover even today from Saturday's tea party, hence the small daily) about this blog which was definitely the least interesting part of the evening. More interesting were the talk on ants - apparently they are eusocial - they interact with consideration a bit like humans do, a Korean game a bit like blackjacks called Kunghe and how practising magic can aid digital design. Magician, Stuart Nolan, http://www.hexinduction.com/ talked generously and intensely about sleight of hand (I always want to say slight of hand) and manipulation. One of his tricks which he showed us in the pub involved elastic bands. He donated these to me for A Scanner Daily. They look extraordinary striking and almost hyperreal for three run of the mill, beige coloured elastic bands. Perhaps it is magic but I'm still not entirely sure what magic is.



4 comments:

Dr Ken said...

This was my favourite scanner daily. Maybe that's another reason why I had to end. I couldn't imagine a better capture.

phlebotomy schools said...

It in no way ceases to surprise me how, using small additional digging online, it's possible uncover several most special web. It’s irritating that substantially pages such as this, aren’t rated on top ranked after i search with bing regarding the web, Ive added you to definitely certainlymy faves, I furthermore have a very buddy, that may truly value these particulars, so ill ship her, an internet site for your write-up, inside the same. I'm specific they’ll really enjoyment using this.

X Ray Technician said...

Your site is good Really, i have encounter your publish that was very informative and very entertaining personally. Appreciate posting Really Might Be. I'll recommend your site to my pals. Cheers.That's just brilliant! there is nothing simpler but that is the key factor factor factor for the success. I really adore whatever you required to convey. Continue because you certainly bring a totally new voice applying this subject. It's information I have been looking for a great super very very long time

Medical billing and coding said...

Just what is one to have belief that relief to locate somebody who knows what theyre speaking about on the web. You have to know the easiest method of light an problem, and so the distribution are often essential. Growing levels of people need to see and realise why side within the story. I am unable to consider you won't be welcome, since you certainly have talent.

Followers