The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you to 365 days of novel writing who gave me an award for being a versatile blogger! It's my second unexpected award to date during my lifetime! I think it's a great idea because it demonstrates to people that there are other bloggers out there who read your posts. The blogosphere is quite a big and lonesome place. As a new blogger I often wonder what I'm doing here. It's like having a conversation with your computer. The award involves selecting 15 blogs which you like to read regularly and which you think are versatile. It also involves saying a few things about yourself - this helps us I think as writers. For me the blogs which I follow are the ones which I have chosen to follow already- selected as being the ones which I like. And the ones which I like would need to be quite versatile for me to like them.
With this award comes a few duties. Those are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Seven Random Things About Me:
1. I drink coffee like water. As much as I am a coffee fiend, I don't enjoy the special South American citrusy, glamourously packaged kind. It's Italian blends all the way for me: Lavazza or Ily.
2. I smoke on special occasions or when I'm drunk.
3. I have been going swimming 2-4 times a week for the past ten years. I love it when the pools are nearly empty.
4. I have always enjoyed writing much more than reading because creation makes me feel like I'm alive. I tend to read non fiction more than fiction even though I am currently writing fiction. I feel very guilty for this.
5. I am a bit obsessed with Canada even though I have never been there.
6. I understand the Korean alphabet but that doesn't help much.
7. I like academic theory but only if I can use it sparingly. I'm more of an empiricist really.
Hmmm. I might do another seven tomorrow. This is fun.
Now for the fifteen bloggers (in alphabetical order):
En Uk's Art Blog
Forgetting the time
From my somewhat serious mind
Literary Rejections On Display
Love Fool Forever
London Korean Links
Manchester Lit List
Mike's Bloggity Blog
Studio Notes by Shai Coggins
Single Mother On The Verge
Writing a Novel
365 Days of Novel Writing
- ► 2011 (29)
- coming soon...
- Finishing the novel
- 50,000 words in
- On transcribing Damien Hirst
- Looking for a consiousness
- 7 more random things about me
- Keeping up the narrative
- The Versatile Blogger Award
- Last paragraph written
- Looking for luck
- Poem for a Korean magazine on the subject of happi...
- The Answer Thing Part 2 (because it wouldn't let m...
- The Answer Thing part 1
- I'm trying to make trying allowed: an anti-academi...
- Korea, London and London Korean links
- Novel versus Thesis
- A schtyk-ler for surname meanings
- Seeing Erica: Review of Being Erica, seasons one a...
- A student once asked me ...
- days away from writing 2
- days away from writing
- 2000 words and a hangover (and a game of pool)
- cake or haribo?
- Nearly half
- Jobseeking and Sobjerking
- Synopsis: The Gaps Between the Branches
- 100 pages in, how many out?
- Sign the petition for an independent investigation...
- spot the oblong
- Beyond the third
- ▼ June (31)