Friday, June 25, 2010

solastalgia



I like this word. I just discovered it. It's an academic term but it sounds more romantic. I should really read some journal articles on it. But I don't have to, so I won't for the moment. Albrecht described solastalgia as a global condition concerning how we deal with climate change on a mental level (there's the more obvious physical level too). How do we prepare for it emotionally and psychologically and how do we pass this knowledge down to future generations? Derren Brown mentioned on his blog post today a scientist who thinks humans will be extinct within 100 years. Better make the most of now. Does that mean it's good that I'm up at 4AM?










1 comment:

Dr Ken said...

Just found this interesting article. Not too academic. How do humans cope with losing nature. Nature is us.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/people-in-nature/201004/nature-deficit-disorder-and-solastalgia-down-under

Followers

Blog Archive